Forest Lake State High School provides educational programs and services for over 1300 students in years 8-12 in a co-educational environment. The school comprises a junior secondary school (years 8 and 9) and a senior school (years 10, 11 and 12). Established in 2001 with unique facilities, the school is committed to providing a quality education to meet the needs of 21st century students by:
- Providing high quality educational programs and services to the diverse group of students enrolled at Forest Lake SHS
- Providing opportunities for student excellence in academic, cultural and sporting pursuits
- Developing caring relationships with all members of our school community
- Encouraging student leadership
- Building workforce capability through focused professional development and learning
- Involving parents in all aspects of school life.