All students enrolled at Forest Lake State High School are to build and engage in a program of learning that will allow them to achieve their strongest QCE/QCIA possible, to demonstrate their full potential.
Subject selections for Year 8 in 2021 can be found in the 2021 Year 8 Curriculum Handbook
Subject selections for Year 9 in 2021 can be found in the 2021 Year 9 Curriculum Handbook
Subject selection for Year 10 in 2021 can be found in the 2021 Year 10 Curriculum Handbook
YEAR 11 & 12
Years 11 and 12 provide opportunities for further specialisation. Students should choose a program based on subject area:
- they enjoy
- have achieved success in
- provide a balanced education program
- lead to a preferred career pathway
Students can choose any combination of 6 subjects, The colour coding (blue and green) in the
2021 Year 11 and 12 Senior Curriculum Handbook allows students to easily ascertain if they will be ATAR eligible. To be ATAR eligible students should look for 'blue' subjects. If direct entry to University is not part of a student's career pathway, they can look more to the 'green' subjects.
Remember, to get the best outcomes students should:
- choose subjects they have a genuine interest in
- know what pathway is realistic for them
- know what the prerequisites are (check course guidelines) and can meet the prerequisites
- have talked to teachers and affirmed they could manage the requirements
- are prepared to work hard.
Preparation for Year 11 and 12
Our Heads of Departments for each learning area have prepared a video outlining the structure and possible pathways for each subject on offer in 2021.
Here are some other links that you might find useful:-
2021 TAFE at School - Course Guide