Forest Lake State High School’s Academic Program of Excellence offers
students unique learning experiences
through engagement with creative and critical higher order thinking
skills. The program extends students
beyond classroom curriculum through Project Based Learning, focusing on logical,
strategic, flexible and adventurous thinking, STEM initiatives, entrepreneurial
skills and humanities-based tasks.
Testing - Year 7 2024
Please contact us on 3714 2333 or email@example.com for more information.
The Academic Program of Excellence aims to develop lifelong learners by providing a rigorous, challenging and supportive learning environment with opportunities to participate in enrichment and extension activities. Curiosity, inquiry, creativity and critical thinking are tools to develop the scholarly behaviours of an Academic Program of Excellence learner. The program strives to develop a global mindset in our students whilst developing compassion and empathy, promoting respect within our school, the community and beyond.
Offering of Academic Program of Excellence placement is on the condition of:
- undertaking a placement test;
- a review of students' previous academic and behavioural reports, attendance, standardised testing results and extra-curricular participation.
Please note, student's capacity to fulfil the conditions of enrolment will be reviewed quarterly.
Interested students are invited to undertake academic testing during Year 6.
Students enrolled in the Academic Program of Excellence must:
- fulfil the requirements of the Academic Program of Excellence contract
- maintain their academic achievement
- show a genuine commitment and dedication to all aspects of the Academic Program of Excellence, including participation in competitions and programs available exclusively to students
- maintain exemplary attendance
- consistently demonstrate our PRIDE expectations of being Prepared, Respectful, Inclusive, Dedicated and Engaged in all aspects of school life
Additional costs may be incurred for excursions/incursions throughout the program.
Forest Lake State High School works extensively with other educational providers to develop unique opportunities for its students, including partnerships with a range of universities within the greater Brisbane area.
For further information please contact Nikki Raatz, Head of
Department, Teaching and Learning
on 3714 2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org