The aim of the Esports Program of Excellence is to provide students with the opportunities and pathways required to be successful participants in the esports industry. Through participation in the esports subjects, extra-curricular club and external competitions, students are exposed to the emerging world of esports and empowered to explore multiple career pathways from elite athleticism through to casting/streaming, ICT support, team management, advertising, performance optimisation, business management and event organisation. Students will be involved with industry experts, university teams and inter-school events to enrich their understanding of, and success in, esports.
Students are selected to participate in the Esports Program of Excellence based on their desire to build career-ready knowledge and skills and an interest in the future of Australian esports. Applicants for this program need to demonstrate a high standard of esports performance skills and ability to work productively in a positive team environment. Report card must show an average of “excellent or very good" in the effort and behaviour sections of their latest report card. Students with “needs attention" in any section of the report card cannot qualify for the program.
To be eligible to participate in the Esports Program of Excellence, students must:
- report card monitored to ensure effort and behaviour is kept in line with program expectations
- days absent must be minimal
- have their own windows-based laptop and smart phone capable of video, sound editing and streaming, and bring it every lesson
- participate in extra-curricular club activities and external competitions
- have the capacity to cover course costs.
Conditions of Enrolment
The recommended Esports curriculum pathway is:
Year 7 Esports Program of Excellence → Year 8, 9 & 10 Esports Electives → Year 11 & 12 ICT in Esports → QUT Diploma of Esports → Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Creative Industries, Bachelor of Communication, Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments or Bachelor of Information Technology
Sponsorship opportunities exist. Please view our Esports Program of Excellence pitch deck below if you would like to consider supporting the program.
Through community and industry partnerships, students in the Esports Program of Excellence will have access to various industry events, esports competitions and external learning opportunities. We have fostered working relationships with:
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), who offers on-campus competitions, day-long esports work experience events, coaching from QUT Elite Athletes and access to the Diploma of Esports.
- The FUSE Cup, as a School of Excellence, who will provide industry insight and a range of competitions and work experience opportunities each year.
- The Australian Computer Society (ACS) and the Gateway to Industry Schools Program (GISP) who provide industry events, funding for excursions, industry professional development for students and teachers and access to a range of technology learning solutions.
- Valor Esports Academy, who work with our students and teachers to ensure a professional level of esports coaching occurs to help and support individual and team growth.