Our School Based Youth Health Nurse, Sarah Kelly is available every Thursday and Friday.
The School-based Youth Health Service is delivered in partnership with Education Queensland to address the health and wellbeing of the young people and the school communities in Brisbane state secondary schools.
School-based youth health nurses provide:
- Individual health consultations with assessment, support, health information and referral options related to:
- Healthy eating and exercise
- Personal and family problems
- Feeling sad, worried and angry
- Sexual health
- Smoking, alcohol and other drugs
- Growth and development
- Promoting health and wellbeing with a "whole school approach" to support the development of healthy school environments.
- Making recommendations on health resources to support curriculum, teaching and learning activities in schools.
The school-based youth health nurse does not provide medical treatments, first aid, medications, physical examinations, or ongoing counselling.
Click here for further information on the School Based Youth Health Nurse.
Sarah Kelly is the Youth Health Nurse for Forest Lake SHS and is in school on Thursdays and Fridays.
Sarah can be contacted directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah can be contacted on 3714 2333.